Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dsweetbox: Best Music Videos of 2013



Once again, it's time to countdown my faves from the past year and I will begin with my fave music videos. A lot of MV's was released last year but only few got my attention. I did my review and chose only the few who deserved to be commended. Based on repeat value, material, social impact and my nod, here are my top ten fave music videos of 2013. Make sure to sound-off yours!


12. Pink-'Just Give Me A Reason':

               Although the album was released in 2012. The music video premiered in 2013. This is the duet of 2013. I heard and witnessed a lot of people doing their versions of this. Pink and Nate blended really well and the music video is also simple yet the powerful tandem of Pink and Nate elevated the class of their MV. 'That Teddy's glowing eyes were creepy and haunting.'




11. One Direction-'Best Song Ever':

             Who doesn't love One Direction? This is the best and the funniest MV from the number one boy band of today (I love you Harry!) LOL! 'Go Leroy!'



10. Britney Spears-'Work Bitch':
              The Queen of Pop returned this year with a very controversial music video. Not just that Brit introduced the whip and gave a sickening comeback, the MV was also controversial because of it's plagiarism issues from different artists. 'You better Work B...'




9. Miley Cyrus-'We Can't Stop':
               I know, Miley ruled the music video scene this year, remember when you first saw this video and tried to understand where Miley was coming from but later on enjoyed watching it and found yourself watching it again...and again? 'Where is that white outfit? I need one'



8. Justine Timberlake-'Mirrors':
               This is the best Justine Timberlake video ever! With a storyline and a concept based in his own experiences. 'Mirrors' is the most dramatic MV I watched last year. 'Its Like you're my mirror...'


7. Sarah Geronimo-'Ikot-Ikot':
               The only OPM in this countdown, Sarah Geronim ruled the scene with her song 'Ikot-Ikot'. I love the song and the MV showed a sickening dance routine. 'Ikot ikot lang, ikot ikot, ikwoot!'



6. Ru Paul-'The Beginning':
               The song gave me LSS for months and it's on my playlist up to this moment. With the addition of Ru Paul's Drag Race queens and comedy in the vid, 'The Beginning' is the best gay song of 2013! 'I love Jinkx Monsoon!'



5. Katy Perry-'Unconditionally':
               Katy Perry never fails to impress me with her music videos, she always make the song elevate to a certain level every time she released the MV of a single. In addition, Katy's 'Unconditionally' is my fave from her Prism album. 'The Great Gatsby'



4. Bruno Mars-'Gorilla':
               This is the sexiest I've seen of Bruno Mars and that Isabella is HOT! With sexy dancers, sweaty Bruno and car sex. This is one music video to watch! 'Pole dancing in slow motion please...'



3. Miley Cyrus-'Wrecking Ball':
               I'm sure you already know that this one is going to be part of the top ten! Miley dominated vevo last year as this MV is the most watched music video of 2013. Personally, I love the song, actually I love the album! Miley gave me the reason to respect her. Who doesn't like to chop hteir hair and ride that wrecking ball? 'sledgehammer please...'



2. Latch ft. Sam Smith-'Disclosure':
               I have to search who this artist is after watching the video. The MV is full of moments that I can relate to! LOL! What made this music video the second best fave MV of mine? It got me in slow motion kissing and steaming strangers hook-ups.  The music video is simple but full of, well you will know what I mean, watch it!!  'Elevator scene anyone?' LOL!




1. Beyonce-'Pretty Hurts':
               No questions ask! Queen Bey arrived before the year end and dropped a big and awesome album that made all the divas who released an album the same year obsolete! With 17 music videos all of them should be in my top no.1 spot! Haha! But the best for me is her single 'Pretty Hurts'. Powerful, Engaging and flawsome. 'Pretty Hurts' is my number one music video from 2013!  'Pageant the Pain Away...'













videos upload credits to the owners.

1 comment: